- This event has passed.
How to Be the Boss: Solutions and Strategies for Researchers – Session 6 of 8
March 6, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Brigham and Women’s Hospital is proud to offer How to be the Boss: Solutions and Strategies for Researchers, an 8-session career development series which provides faculty and others managing research programs with the opportunity to learn about professionalism, employment law, performance management, hiring, and unconscious bias in the workplace. Participants will gain skills and tools to successfully manage productive research program staff and promote a positive environment and just culture.
Please register for each session individually. Signing up for the first session does NOT automatically enroll you in all 8 sessions. A certificate of participation will be awarded to those who complete 4, 6, or all 8 sessions.
1. Tuesday, September 18, 2018: “Becoming the Boss” Faculty Panel moderated by Paul Anderson, MD, PhD
2. Tuesday, November 13, 2018: “Professionalism” with Jo Shapiro, MD
3. Thursday, November 29, 2018: “Identifying & Hiring Your Team” with Jessica Pham
(Bonus Session!) Monday, December 10, 2018: “Success with Stress: Yoga & Mindfulness in the Workplace” with Lucila Leone, MA, LMHC, CEAP
4. Wednesday, January 23, 2019: “Managing Performance & Behavior” with Beverly Hope, Monty Montano, PhD, and Mary Jane Sierra, PhD
5. Date TBD (February 2019): “Employment Law 101”
6. March 6, 2019: “Immigration Law 101” with Noel Palatas
7. April 16, 2019: “Recommendations & References” with Emma Melton, JD
8. May 6, 2019: “Unconscious Bias” with Kathy Rexrode, MD
Most sessions will be held in the Zinner Breakout Room from 4-5PM, but please be sure to check the details and register separately for each individual session, as the date/time are subject to change.