- This event has passed.
The Revised Common Rule: Impact on Researchers
January 15 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
NOTE: Although this event is offered at MGH, it is applicable to BWH researchers. You can attend at MGH or view online (see link at bottom).
The federal government has made changes to the Common Rule which will take effect on January 21, 2019. Join us to learn about these changes, how they will be implemented at Partners and the impact they will have on researchers.
Topics to be covered include:
• What is the final/revised rule?
• When does it apply?
• What are the big changes?
• Redefinition of “NOT research”
• Scheduled reassessment of “identifiable”
• Limitation of continuing review
• Expansion of the exempt category
• Informed consent changes
• Posting of clinical trial consent forms
• Single IRB mandate
• Grant review no longer required
Sponsor: MGH Division of Clinical Research
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER to attend OR to obtain a live webcast link.