- This event has passed.
MassBio Governance and Board Recruiting: Building a Strong Foundation for Nonprofit Success
March 9, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Though nonprofits that focus on science and healthcare may have varied missions, they share many common needs. Among these is the need for guidance from a diverse body of individuals who can lend creative input towards their goals. At this event, the second Forum hosted by our new Nonprofit Forum Working Group, speakers will discuss how nonprofits can position themselves for success through the careful creation of company boards and advisors.
Discussion topics include:
- Correlating mission with key knowledge and experience needed from advisors
- Identifying and recruiting board members beyond the organization’s immediate networks and sectors to add diversity
- Board governance and best practices
This discussion is relevant for anyone on the for-profit or nonprofit side of partnering.
- Elyse Gellerman, MHS, Senior Administrative Officer at the Neuroendocrine Tumor Research Foundation
- Stephen M. Honig, Esq., Partner in the Boston Office of Duane Morris LLP and member of the Advisory Council of the National Association of Corporate Directors of New England
- Forbes Sargent, Partner, Sherin and Lodgen
- Joanne Kamens, Executive Director, Addgene (Moderator)
This event is free for BWH faculty/trainees/staff, and is opened to nonmembers for a $35 fee.