- This event has passed.
How to Be the Boss: Solutions and Strategies for Researchers – Session 2 of 8
November 13, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Brigham and Women’s Hospital is proud to offer How to be the Boss: Solutions and Strategies for Researchers, an 8-session career development series which provides faculty and others managing research programs with the opportunity to learn about professionalism, employment law, performance management, hiring, and unconscious bias in the workplace. Participants will gain skills and tools to successfully manage productive research program staff and promote a positive environment and just culture.
Please register for each session individually by clicking the dates below. Signing up for the first session does NOT automatically enroll you in all 8 sessions. A certificate of participation will be awarded to those who complete 4, 6, or all 8 sessions.
1. Tuesday, September 18, 2018: “Becoming the Boss” Faculty Panel moderated by Paul Anderson, MD, PhD
2. Tuesday, November 13, 2018: “Professionalism” with Jo Shapiro, MD
3. Thursday, November 29, 2018: “Identifying & Hiring Your Team” with Jessica Pham
4. Date TBD (January): “Managing Performance & Behavior”
5. Date TBD (February): “Employment Law 101”
6. Date TBD (March): “Immigration Law 101”
7. Date TBD (April): “Recommendations & References”
8. Date TBD (May): “Unconscious Bias”
Most sessions will be held in the Zinner Breakout Room from 4-5PM, but please be sure to check the details and register separately for each individual session, as the date/time are subject to change.