- This event has passed.
How to Be the Boss: Solutions and Strategies for Researchers | Bonus Session! Success with Stress: Yoga & Mindfulness in the Workplace
December 10, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Brigham and Women’s Hospital is proud to offer How to be the Boss: Solutions and Strategies for Researchers, an 8-session career development series which provides faculty and others managing research programs with the opportunity to learn about professionalism, employment law, performance management, hiring, and unconscious bias in the workplace. Participants will gain skills and tools to successfully manage productive research program staff and promote a positive environment and just culture.
Today’s session is “Success with Stress: Yoga and Mindfulness in the Workplace”
with Lucila Leone, LMHC, CEAP – Partners EAP Counselor and Certified Kripalu Yoga Teacher
Participants will learn basic yoga skills helpful in developing a personal strategy for enhancing resilience and managing stress in a modern world. Practices include guided yogic breathing, mindful movement, and meditation accompanied by music. Although movement exercises are designed for people who work, try to wear clothing that does not constrict the waist and shoes that can be slipped off or are comfortable to walk in. All attire is welcome.
Please register for each session individually. Signing up for the first session does NOT automatically enroll you in all 8 sessions. A certificate of participation will be awarded to those who complete 4, 6, or all 8 sessions.
1. Tuesday, September 18, 2018: “Becoming the Boss” Faculty Panel moderated by Paul Anderson, MD, PhD
2. Tuesday, November 13, 2018: “Professionalism” with Jo Shapiro, MD
3. Thursday, November 29, 2018: “Identifying & Hiring Your Team” with Jessica Pham
(Bonus!) Monday, December 10, 2018: “Success with Stress: Yoga and Mindfulness in the Workplace” with Lucila Leone
4. Date TBD (January 2019): “Managing Performance & Behavior”
5. Date TBD (February 2019): “Employment Law 101”
6. Date TBD (March 2019): “Immigration Law 101”
7. Date TBD (April 2019): “Recommendations & References”
8. Date TBD (May 2019): “Unconscious Bias”
Most sessions will be held in the Zinner Breakout Room from 4-5PM, but please be sure to check the details and register separately for each individual session, as the date/time are subject to change.