- This event has passed.
BRI Lung Center Research Symposium & Poster Session
April 3, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Lung Research Center at the Brigham Research Institute (BRI) cordially invites you to participate in its annual research symposium featuring Dr. Jack A. Elias, MD, Dean of Medicine and Biological Sciences at Brown University. The keynote address will be followed by a poster session open to lung biology researchers at Brigham. The symposium will also include a lunch with Dr. Elias that is open to fellows working in lung research. Please RSVP to the BRI inbox (email@example.com). The goal of this event is to bring together lung clinicians and researchers at BWH, highlight the exciting research activities of the lung community at the hospital and encourage cross-collaborative research efforts.
Poster Session Information
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm, Cabot Atrium
Presenters will be required to upload their slides to the electronic poster boards in the Cabot Atrium between 11:30 am – 12:30 pm on the day of the poster session
Eligibility: Posters will be selected for display at the workshop based on the following criteria:
- Participation and eligibility will be limited to the first 25-30 (space permitting) qualified applicants and accepted on a first come, first served basi
- Researchers working in a BWH-affiliated laboratory or research group are invited to submit a poster in the field of lung biology
- Prize eligible applicants: Researchers with an academic rank of assistant professor or below, including research and clinical fellows, nurses, residents, students, etc.
- In order to qualify for an award, the presenting author must be in attendance at the poster session to present their research. No proxies!
- Other applicants: Researchers with an academic rank above assistant professor may submit, but they are NOT eligible for prizes
- An individual may be the presenting author on only one abstract but may be a coauthor on multiple abstracts
- Awards will be given based on a combination of pre-event review and live judging
Submission deadline: Monday, March 20th, 12:00 pm EST
Please submit an abstract of your poster (limit: 250 words) electronically via this online submission form by 12:00 pm EST on Monday, March 20th