BRI – Annual Obesity Research Incubator Session
April 28 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Cardiovascular, Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders (CVDM) Research Center invites you to participate Friday, April 28th, 1 – 4PM in its sixth annual obesity incubator session. The goal of this session is to bring together BWH clinicians and researchers working in the fields of obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease, to address this challenging public health crisis by promoting cross-collaborative research efforts and stimulating new ideas for further investigation.
To promote vibrant scientific discussions, the first portion of the day will feature short talks by select junior investigators in the field of obesity research and a keynote presentation from Morris J. Birnbaum, M.D., PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease (CVMED) Research Unit, Pfizer.
Following the talks, there will be an interactive poster session focusing on early stage ideas in the area of obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases.
SHORT TALKS INFORMATION:
- Researchers from all Boston area institutions with a rank of assistant professor, instructor or postdoctoral researcher/clinical fellow are invited to submit an abstract to give a short talk (10-12 mins)
- Abstracts in any area of basic, clinical or translational research related to obesity are welcome.
- Abstracts that are not selected for talks will by default be considered for inclusion in the poster session
- Successful applicants MUST be available to talk at the workshop on April 28th
- Awards ($500 – $1,000) will be given to those selected for talks.
POSTER SESSION INFORMATION:
- Researchers from all Boston area institutions are welcome.
- Participation and eligibility will be limited to the 30 most qualified applicants
- Both basic and clinical research posters are equally welcome.
- Preference will be given to posters focusing on early stage ideas, novel hypotheses and preliminary or current work in obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Submitting author must be in attendance at the poster session to present their poster.
- An author may only present one poster.
- Prizes ( $500 – $1,000) will be awarded to the selected poster winners based on a pre-event and live judging.
Submission Deadline: Monday, April 10th, 12PM